[Rhodes22-list] Rob Lowe about your attaching Standard Mast PT slider

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Aug 13 08:26:54 EDT 2008

Rob:

Great pictures to show others creative ways to accomplish task.

However, your method is inducing corrosion aside from looking very 'red
neck'.  May I suggest that you replace rusty nail for appearances and
getting rid of corrosion source.

You can still use a nail as least expensive way to a accomplish task, just
use galvanized nail.

Still think of looking more professional and getting away from nail?  How
about a stainless steel screw with wing nut?  You would not have to go to
the high margin place, i.e., West Marine, but rather could use local mom and
pop hardware store or as I do local nut and bolt supply (in yellow pages as
fastener supply).

>From your picture I think that a 5/32nd screw would work.  With a stainless
steel screw and nut you would feel much better about the appearance of your
boat.  You could even post a new picture with a smile on your face.

BTW, have you called Stan yet?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Adendum:  "Mr. Buckley weaved the tapestry of what became the new American
conservatism from libertarian writers like Max Eastman, free market
economists like Milton Friedman, traditionalist scholars like Russell Kirk
and anti-Communist writers like Whittaker Chambers. But the persuasiveness
of his argument hinged not on these perhaps arcane sources, but on his own
tightly argued case for a conservatism based on the national interest and a
higher morality."