[Rhodes22-list] motor flushing/ non political

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Aug 27 19:08:49 EDT 2008

I think you're right. They don't make motors like they used to. I
think it's a "modern" 4 stroke issue. I remember reading that the 4
strokes have narrower passages and closer tolerances. I put modern in
quotes because we heard some rumblings about it when we bought our
Honda in 1998 and some of those rumblings were 10 years old then.
Quiet was a real issue for us because we knew that even if we sailed
out for an overnight there was a good chance we would motor back.
Those motor backs were a lot more pleasant with the quiet Honda.

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD