[Rhodes22-list] 12V refrigeration/freezers question?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 08:28:20 EST 2008

Andrew,
Be careful when purchasing a carry on portable unit. Read the specs
carefully. Many have a small statement (fine print) that says something like it  will
keep items cool within twenty degrees of ambient temperature. 20 degrees  from
ninety degrees is only seventy degrees. Not very cool at all.
All 12 volt refrigerators use a lot of juice. Be sure you have enough
battery to power them. I'm primarily a day sailor so I don't have a need for  long
term refrigeration. Most of my ice melts within a Styrofoam cup.

Rummy

In a message dated 12/3/2008 8:10:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,