[Rhodes22-list] political philosophy- "moral equivalence" (There is no fundamental right or wrong?)

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Dec 16 17:49:32 EST 2008

Sorry Ben, you are under a misconception.

There IS no "evil" in laying off workers. You may choose to call it
"throwing workers out in the street', but the truth of the matter is it
is a person (or a group of people) choosing to no longer employ an
individual, and that is their RIGHT. It's not an evil, it's not even
wrong, unless they are doing something contrary to what they've promised.

If they've signed a contract, they should honor it. If they've made
promises, they should honor those. But workers leave (often without
notice), simply because they find something  better, decide not to work
anymore, whatever. Employers have that same right.

As for the rest of your drivel, you completely mis read what I wrote.
Might I suggest you go back and look at what I actually said:

"... is not only wrong, but worthy of disdain ..." Is a clue, but
frankly, I think you're clueless. You see what you want to see, and
anyone that doesn't see it is wrong.

And what in the WORLD are you talking about "covering for each other". I
said nothing in support of Ed, nor did I speak of Marxism.

Do you REALLY believe the shit you write?

--
Herb Parsons