[Rhodes22-list] Penetrol more additional comments

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Wed Dec 17 19:35:23 EST 2008

I've tryed Penetrol twice,once on a  85' com-pac 16,in '03. The hull
looked great,the higher I went above the rub rail the more streaked and
less glossy it got. I did Country Rhodes in '04 (an '86 hull),most of
the hull looked real nice,but the transom had some darker spots near the
rubrail,and a little streaking.I tried a little on the topsides and
inside the gunnels,and it looked a lot worse than the transom so I
quit.Before I hit her with the penetrol,I scrubbed her with Soft scrub
with bleach and a green scotch bright pad,then pressure rinsed.
My take on it is,for a 18 year old boat,it was alot of shine for under 50
bucks.If I'd have known back then,that I was going to love this boat as
much as I do,I might have ponyed up for the paint job.You might want to
think about how paint would stick to penetrol,if you didn't like the
way the Penetrol job came out.

Jerry Lowe