[Rhodes22-list] our stature in the eyes of other nations - was soup

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Feb 5 12:22:38 EST 2008

Herb Parsons wrote:
> I DON'T GIVE A RIP about our stature in the eyes of other nations, and I
> will NEVER choose a President on that basis.

That, sir, is fairly retrograde.

In an increasingly interdependent world, we need
allies, and we need to stand by our allies.

We may be an economic gorilla now, but balance of
payments and foreign investments in our utilities,
banks, and government (treasury notes) are all
factors that witness against your attitude.

We are not alone against the elements or the bad
guys in a wild west movie.  Reality intrudes on
our cherished cultural myths.

Herb, please come forward into the 21st century
and deal with our real and present problems.  As
it is, your views, while attractive to many
wishful thinkers, are out of step with what we
face today.

And don't put a "liberal" stamp on this.  There
are also people on the left who are in Lala land
- just a different one, and I call them out too.

/Robert