[Rhodes22-list] inflatable PFD's

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 17:51:12 EST 2008

you have to put it over your head manually and pull the cord. maybe this has been discussed in the archives, though to be honest, when it concerns safety, better gear can make the conclusions reached a year ago, obsolete. so, question: is there a consensus about manual inflation v. automatic. and as in this device, manually positioning it so that relaxed or unconscious, your head does not tilt forward and you drown. also single handing, ie, noone there to rescue you,would you not would want the max in automation, tether and  trailing line. ???

Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:  Joe,

I use a pouch when single-handing because it is the least restrictive when
moving about - you are hardly aware you have it on. Offshore I might want
something else but it is more than adequate for the inland sailing I do.

http://shop.sailnet.com/product_info.php/products_id/28957?search=1&keywords=Mustang%20Survival%20Inflatable%20Vests

Brad