[Rhodes22-list] Politics - chicken

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Feb 12 10:35:29 EST 2008

Herb Parsons wrote:
> What you REALLY have is a deep resentment that in spite of what you see
> as a dangerous man, you couldn't muster the wherewithall to defeat him.
> So, how about producing some real concrete facts, or just admitting that
> it's just your left-wing propaganda.

Herb -

Bush has been very happy to risk the country over
and over again in the political equivalent of a
teenager's game of chicken.  Time after time, he
has shown himself willing to destroy our economy
if he doesn't get his way.  Now he is succeeding,
despite some YouTube propaganda.

What the Democrats have is a collection of
congressmen and senators who decided to put the
country's needs ahead of their own preferences.
In the process, they allowed many things to
become law that are repugnant to a civilized
people.  (Yes, torture is uncivilized!)

They have witnessed, accepted, and presided over
the trashing of the social contract embodied in
our constitution and bill of rights, voiding the
mandate that put them in office.

This willingness to back down in the face of
superior bullheadedness and corporate bribes has
fueled youth's disgust with "establishment"
lawmakers of every stripe.

What a revolting development!  The people who
will put the older generation into retirement
homes (read: jails for the unproductive) are
making themselves heard and seen.

To paraphrase that reprehensible mayor of
Washington, DC:  "Get used to it, oldster."

/Robert (a young oldster)