[Rhodes22-list] Please help a new Rhodes owner out

Matt Brentjens brentjens at mchsi.com
Sun Jan 13 13:45:03 EST 2008

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Elle --
I wanted a transducer because the Abemarle and nearby rivers are notoriously
shallow.  Stan told me it is overkill ("The centerboard is my depth
finder"), but I guess I just need my toys!  Thanks for the infor on
WestMarine, since most of the things I wanted I found there . . . I'll check
elsewhere for lower prices.  The thing that kille me about the automatically
inflating PFDs is frankly the price.  At a minimum, I guess I'd need 4 adult
and 2 children's PFDs . . .  Of course now that I say it, it sounds pretty
stupid to go all out for my accessories and skimp on safety equipment

mjm --
As for the radio, I didn't find one with a remote access wireless mike.  GAM
antenna?  I'm afraid I still have a lot to learn . . . Do you have any brand
names?

Slim --
Yarns on the shrouds huh?  That's a great idea!  Do ABBA tapes work as well
as Yani?

Thanks again for all the great advice.  Any other
recommendations/suggestions would be very welcome!!

Matt Brentjens