[Rhodes22-list] Sorry I meant the "new" Yamaha 8 or 9.9 hp

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Jul 2 10:05:22 EDT 2008

Mike,

"What my Admiral and I will miss from the UPP package is the
rudder/motor interconnect."

The tiller-mounted controls and motor-tiller link are two separate
things.  Check with Stan, but I think he gives you the inexpensive
motor-tiller link without asking (ask anyway).

I've used the tiller-mounted controls and they're wonderful, but the
motor-tiller link is much more important.  With all the crap (useful
accessories) on the transom, it's difficult to steer the boat by turning
the motor alone, so without the link I assume you would set the motor
straight and steer with the tiller alone.  Steering with the tiller and
motor together gives you a lot of maneuverability when docking.

I consider it one of the best features of the Rhodes.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD