[Rhodes22-list] progress

Tom Hogarty tjhogarty at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:42:07 EDT 2008

Thanks, Art, here is a picture of parts of the two "cars" on the lower mast.
I can see the indentation where the collar of the boom pin latch  fit.  How
do I obtain and replace the pin?  Does the mast need to be lowered?
I did not find the archives helpful.
Many Thanks,
Tom http://www.nabble.com/file/p18477261/IMG_0657.jpeg

Arthur H. Czerwonky wrote:

> Tom,
> Re. the boom dropping - yes, there is a separate pin latch for each of the
> two 'cars' that travel up and down the mast.  Be aware that on the IMF
> mast, when you adjust the upper car, the IMF sail and its furling tube
> ride up or down the mast also, so additional weight is involved.  I
> believe the pin for the upper car will be 28 1/2 " above the base of the
> mast.
> Happy sailing on a spectacular boat!
> Art

Is