[Rhodes22-list] Mast Boom Car temp pin

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Jul 16 13:26:15 EDT 2008

Art,

 Sorry but I can't help you on the PT slider as the one I have doesn't fit
in the mast slot so the dimensions won't work out for you. I have no idea if
Stan has any parts for antique boats such as mine so I am using a 1X1 piece
of wood lashed to the mast for the present since I only put the top up when
at anchor or dockside and that it seems to work ok. My boat is a 3 hr. drive
from my house so getting a picture will have to wait till the last weekend
of july which is the next time I will be up there but I will get a picture
of what I have and maybe this will help.  As for a smooth pin my concern was
damage to the mast hole. I would use a piece of line over top of the car for
use as a downhaul to keep sufficient pressure on the pin.

John S

The threading could possibly help, a little snug in the pin hole.  You could
lost a smooth surfaced pin, possibly by just by slipping out.  The length
could be estimated by mk1 eyeball.  Do you have a picture of your PT slider
for your conventional mast?  I may need to remake one myself.  Thx,
Art