[Rhodes22-list] Mike C and squirrels new home in Ohio

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Mon Jul 21 13:23:55 EDT 2008

The route:  We took 32 to 460 to 295 to 95 on day one.  We planned an
overnight north of Richmond Saturday night since we didn't know when we'd be
on the road after our Saturday noon-ish arrival at GBI.  From there we took
I-95 to 17 to avoid Wash. DC and then a couple other roads to end up in
Breezewood, PA.  Near as I can tell that's "purgatory on earth" since
heading anywhere SE of Akron you end up there.  From there we take the PA
turnpike to the OH turnpike to home.

Heading due west to pick up I-77 would almost certainly be longer, though
I-77 does run close to us.

As for the vertically adjusting stern support.  What a cool idea!  Actually,
summers the barn is such a mess that getting the boat in and out would take
half a day anyway.  I'd rather leave her road rigged next to the barn, ready
to go.

I guess I buy the explanation for the cams on the cabin side.  When we
played with Stan's test boat I'm pretty sure I rigged that "between the
stays" genoa position back to the winch.  It worked, but I'll try the cabin
side cleat next time.

Mike

Mike