[Rhodes22-list] Fender board/ Rummy

Ron Singerman sail at tds.net
Mon Jul 28 11:22:07 EDT 2008

Rummy,

What you see on Brad's post is a fender board, used when tying off to a dock that has prominent pole support that sticks out.  It is difficult to use these on the R-22 because of the flair of the hull.What I do is put two of my regular fenders out and then the fender board over them.  Another way of saying this is that a set of regular fenders is between the hull and the board, protecting the hull form rubbing against the pole over a broader area than a fender alone.

Fair winds and following seas,

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity