[Rhodes22-list] OK so how long should it take to rig / unrig ...

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Mon Jul 28 18:57:49 EDT 2008

We just took delivery of our 1993 Rhodes - recycled in 2004 and recycled
again in 2008 - from Stan 7/19.  We're working through some paperwork issues
prior to being able to launch in Ohio waters; a long, sad story of
bureaucratic torture - I may tell it when the pain is not so fresh and it's
actually over.  Anyway, since I can't legally splash the boat, I practiced
rigging for sail and unrigging for trailering a few times.  It pretty much
takes me an hour single handed doing a trailer rig similar to the one the GB
crew did to get us ready to tow the boat home.  So, my question is, should I
budget an hour rigging time at each end of a day of trailer sailing?  Or,
are there tricks, toys, tips, experience, that will reduce this?

Mike Cheung s/v Muireann 1993 Rhodes 22 Recycled 2004 Rerecycled 2008