[Rhodes22-list] (politics) See with a little work we can reachcommon ground

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:00:21 EDT 2008

Rob,

Even the MSM can't ignore the progress in Iraq anymore.  As little as a year
ago the Democratic leadership was holding out 18 political benchmarks as the
measure of success in Iraq.  Heard any 'sober' analysis from them lately?
The benchmarks are being met.  Powell coined the phrase before the war,
"Pottery Barn" - if you break it you own it.  We own it.  The New York Times
went on record of accepting defeat and the death of a million Iraqi's in the
aftermath two years ago, not unlike John Kerry testifying before the
Congress in the 70's that our pull-out from Vietnam would result in the
deaths of 3000 US supporters (he was only off by roughly 2,997,000 people).
The Maliki government is on record as wanting us out of Iraq ASAP but not
before they can defend themselves.  Obama has been making some pretty
reckless statements lately because they are politically expedient regarding
Iraq, Iran, and Israel.  Sometimes it's hard to tell what is campaign trail
rhetoric and what his true beliefs are.  If you troll his website you'll
find that anti-Israel hatred and anti-Semitic statements are pretty common
and apparently now acceptable.  This man is NOT ready for prime time.  You'd
think the GOP could find someone better than McCain but we're stuck with
what we got.

Politics aside, we are on the precipice of a great achievement in the Middle
East, or, to paraphrase Charlie Wilson after the defeat of the Soviets in
Afghanistan, "we beat them and then they fucked it all up".

Those "chickens came home to roost" didn't they?

Brad