[Rhodes22-list] Carnegie Hall

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Jun 23 02:41:13 EDT 2008

I was pretty sure it was diatonic, but not 100% sure. It sounded like
one to me. When he played Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, I thought he did
well, but with a little practice, I could have done the same. Then he
played the William Tell Overture, and I couldn't have TOUCHED that
performance. That was where he bent notes so well, and (again, not 100%
sure, I'm no musician), I think he bent notes on some of the chords.
THAT's a trick friends.

I play a little harp. Not much anymore, and was never really good. I
made up for lack of talent with trying to learn something about them.
It's really a neat little instrument. BTW, I play a little of a LOT of
instruments, but I'm not very good at any of them. Don't need to be,
it's fun anyway. My favorite of those that I can actually get decent
music from is the hammer dulcimer, another diatonic instrument. I guess
I like diatonic instruments because you can make pretty sounds without
being good :