[Rhodes22-list] Carnegie Hall

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 03:25:17 EDT 2008

I learned how to play the harmonica in Boy Scouts.  I played the trumpet in
the school band so I thought I ought to get my bugling merit badge--which I
did.  When I brought my bugle to the camp-outs, I'd be out there at 7 am
blowing Reveille and all the other boys would shout at me from their tents
to shut up.  Eventually they stole my horn and hid it from me.  It was then
that I thought I'd learn a quieter instrument and one that I could hide in
my own pocket.  I learned all those bugle calls on the harp and continued as
the troop's "bugler" but nobody complained after that.  "Taps" is especially
nice on the harmonica as the fire is dying out.

Slim