[Rhodes22-list] Location for Installing a Fire extinguisher

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 01:01:57 EDT 2008

Mike,

One of my fire extinguishers is mounted in exactly the same spot as yours.
One note of caution - don't mount it too close to the companionway.  Last
year, we were out sailing with some friends who have a 13 year old that I
would love to throw overboard when his parents aren't looking. He casually
stated, "what's all that white powder on the floor of your boat?"  He had
kicked the pin, or broken it, out of the extinguisher and discharged it in
the cabin.  His father is a good friend of mine and he gave me one of those
"I know you want to kill him but he's my kid so I get first dibs" look and
the sole actually needed swept anyway so I got a free cleaning from the
little bas---, future world leader's mother.

Fair warning!

Brad