[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

FCrawford0707 at aol.com FCrawford0707 at aol.com
Sun May 4 22:35:44 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/4/2008 10:24:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hparsons at parsonsys.com writes:

I want  to be sure I understand your position Frone, are you under the
mistaken  impression that the order you're talking about was directed
specifically  at "our sailboats"? I DO hope you're aware that the reports
were  sensationalism about the inclusion of sailboats in a broad policy.
Of  course, if you have some specific information about some poor sailor
in a  small boat that lost his vessel to that policy, I'll be happy to
reconsider my opinon; until then, I consider it just more  hyperbole.

I read the entire "proclamation" - it wasn't just a "policy" and it  included
anyone considering sailing to Cuba - not just those who did the dirty  deed.
I don't know of any American sailboats that have been confiscated -  it was
crystal clear that private boats were included in the  prohibition.   I am
aware that the proclamation succeeded in  terrorizing those who might have
otherwise tried to get to Cuba ( there used to  be a race/flotilla from - I believe -
Tampa, as a "goodwill" gesture to the  Cuban people oppressed by the Castro
regime).

favorites at AOL Food.