[Rhodes22-list] Energy - The Next Texas?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:42:34 EDT 2008

Slim,

You should'na opened that subject.  They capped the wells because of the
lift prices versus the price of oil.  Same problem as the Illinois Basin
economic issues and the same thing that bit that "failed 'bidness' man" GW
Bush in the ass.  You can't just "turn 'em on".  I don't know what the field
rules are there (ND),  but in the Illinois Basin, you have to cap them with
concrete after two years of non activity, five grand a pop minimum, and
there "ain't" no re-drilling the same hole.  That said, lot's of good things
happen at $120 a barrel.  My hometown area is enjoying a boom. What makes
North Dakota exciting, small a play as it may be, is they don't have the
NIMBY attitude unless it is shipped in from somewhere else.  I remember my
days of flying to Grand Forks and seeing all the license plates with "Peace
Garden" on them knowing that the largest collection of nukes was distributed
between silos and Minot based B52's in ND. Irony defined!

Brad