[Rhodes22-list] Energy - The Next Texas?

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue May 6 19:35:19 EDT 2008

Brad,

You might also want to follow wood chip to
ethanol conversion and wind farming in Maine.

I'm looking for the right time and company to
jump into the energy production marketplace
in Maine.  We are an energy exporter based on
hydroelectric plants now, but that production
capability is pretty well topped out.

/Robert

Brad Haslett wrote:

> Whodathunkit? North Dakota a leading energy producer?  Since my backyard
> neighbor, an energy banker, moved back to Chicago I don't spend as much time
> trolling the energy news.  However, while doing some research last year on
> wind energy and biodiesel, I stumbled across Florida Power, one of  the
> largest wind producers with wind farms in North Dakota.  ND is also the
> largest growing area in the US for rapeseed, the feedstock for biodiesel in
> Europe.  Now they're developing oil.  There's got to be some reward for
> freezing your ass off there.  Slim, you paying attention?  This is your
> backyard!
>
> http://nextbigfuture.com/2008/05/bakken-oil-study-north-dakota-only-and.html
>
> Brad

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"