[Rhodes22-list] Mississippi River

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun May 11 16:34:00 EDT 2008

Slim,

Here are two "must read" books about the trip you are thinking about:
"Mississippi Solo" by Eddie Harris and "Old Glory" by Jonathan Raban.

Harris and Raban both did the Mississippi from the source to the Gulf.
Harris is a black dude from St. Louis who also got a 'bug up his ass' to do
a "roots" tour and walked the entire continent of Africa and told the story
in "Native Stranger".  Raban is an Englishman who has lived and written
extensively about the US.  He is also an accomplished sailor and has written
many a good sailing tale.

Do It!  (we'll feed you in Memphis on the way)

Brad