[Rhodes22-list] motors

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 17:36:37 EDT 2008

I have a Nissan 6hp 4-stroke.  I chose it because I did not want to carry
the extra
weight either on my stern or the boat's.  It has noticably less power than
the 9.9
I had previously and tends to race more when the prop is in shallow water
due to
wave action. It's OK but could be better.  The carb was gummed up last year
at the
end of the season despite using stabilizer.  It burned oil for the first few
weeks.
But at least I would take it off the boat from my mooring and get it fixed
without
a hernia.

Ron