[Rhodes22-list] Mike, regarding dropping toilet on Edenton ...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu May 29 20:43:57 EDT 2008

 Mike,

After reviewing your itinerary and plans, I suggest some modifications.
Eating in downtown Edenton is limited.  There used to be one restaurant of
note downtown.  The quality varies with the years.  While others have been
happy, I would not go back.  You pay for atmosphere, not the food.  Your
choices are limited.

Consider after a Saturday shakedown, go to church (borrow the plants van)
and then take Stan out to dinner (he will know where is best)(Golden Coral).
Then go back to his house and find your way out of his backyard creek (most
likely that is where the boat will be and not near plant).  Then, sail over
to city dock to try sleeping in boat or other anchorage.

This sequence will allow for modifications if needed due to weather.  Stan
usually keeps a boat at his house a few miles from plant for these uses.
There is no dock at plant, but rather just a launching ramp at the end of
Midway Drive.  No boats are supposed to be kept at the ramp.

Just some comments, discuss the details with the Commodore after your
arrival.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p17549190/JBsailboat.gif JBsailboat.gif