[Rhodes22-list] Actual boating question

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Nov 3 12:40:36 EST 2008

Tom,

First of all, congratulations on selling your old Rhodes and getting a
new one.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will help you catch any more
fish.  I've had a fishing license and fishfinder for the last three
years and I have yet to catch a fish.  It must be the Rhodes.

I have an inexpensive Humminbird17 fishfinder.  I believe all
fishfinders are also depthfinders, so there's no need to purchase and
install two different pieces of equipment.  My screen isn't that big and
I could easily see the fish from the swivel seats if I were fortunate
enough to have swivel seats and be anywhere near fish.  I recommend
mounting a combination depth/fishfinder on the bulkhead, where you can
view it from anywhere in the cockpit.

If you want to fish from the cabin or bow, mount a secondary combination
depth/fishfinder on the inside of the cabin.  It would be the same cost
as a separate depthfinder and fishfinder, and the redundancy may pay off
some day when one of them breaks.

Sport fishing boats often have an extra set of electronics in their tuna
towers.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease