[Rhodes22-list] Complaint to List Admin

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Nov 13 09:13:41 EST 2008

Michael,

I was actually going to sit by and watch these without response, but you
mused on one thing that I think merits a response:

=====
It is for this reason that I will not place a filter on Herb's traffic,
although others are free to do so (Herb has even volunteered to help
these people set up such as filter, although his motivation for such an
offer of help eludes me.)
=====

I volunteered to do so because I was calling their bluff. I do not
believe for an instant that those that are complaining loudly really
want to simply ignore my posts. Were that true, the whole thing would be
simple enough, the technology exists for them to completely ignore them.
My offer removes the "I don't know how to do it" excuse.

Brad touched on this, and actually expressed my views to just about to a
T. Most of those that really just don't want to be bothered with my
posts do what I do with the ones I don't particularly want to be
bothered with. They just ignore/delete them. However, there are a group
of folks on here that want to be free to spew THEIR vitriol without
response. That's what's "wrong and selfish".

And yes Slim, when you say that anyone that believes in God, or has
religious convictions, is a religious kook, that's vitriol. That's
baiting. That's being a troll. Make use of that mirror that Brad spoke of.

I've never attacked anyone on here, or anyone else, for not believing
the way I do. I resent having my views treated that way, and will
respond accordingly.

So, again to summarize, the reason I offer to help folks is to point out
the hypocrisy of their statements that they simply don't want to see my
messages. The truth is, they don't want anyone to see my messages. They
want to be free to have one side expressed, and only one side.

Slim's latest attempt is further evidence of that.