[Rhodes22-list] Outboard Stalling

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Sep 2 12:44:33 EDT 2008

Michael T,

Open the tank filler cap and see if it runs.  If it does, the tank vent is
clogged.  If it doesn't, you need to check the fuel filter for an
obstruction or clog.  It may be easier to replace rather than check.
Lastly, you may have a bad fuel pump (the primer bulb may be actually
filling the fuel bowl.)  I have also seen problems in the primer bulb where
the one-way valve fails, preventing fuel draw by the engine.  The remedy is
a ne primer bulb which includes the valves.  Let's hope that it is simply a
clogged tank vent.  Let me know what you find.  If it is a reliable engine
otherwise, this is too simple a problem to deep six it.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "MichaelT" <mticse at gmail.com>Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:33