[Rhodes22-list] You can never tell.....

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 15:12:04 EDT 2008

Charley, a new retiree greeter at WalMart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time.
Every day he was 5, 10, sometimes 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really
tidy, clean shaven, sharp minded and a real credit to the company and obviously
demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss was in a real quandary about how to deal with it. Finally, he
called him into the office for a talk. "Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work
ethic, you do a bang-up job, but your being late so often is quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear. It's odd though,
your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did
they say if you came in late there?"

"They said, 'Good morning, General.  Tea or coffee this morning, sir?'"

elle

1992 Rhodes 22 Recyc '06 "WaterMusic" (Lady in Red)