[Rhodes22-list] Engine problems

Tom Bickerstaff tabick at mchsi.com
Mon Sep 22 12:41:21 EDT 2008

Hi folks.

I hope someone out there is more knowledgeable about the Yamaha 9.9 than I
am - I haven't been able to start it for over two weeks and I've tried every
day.  The battery is fully charged and the electric starter cranks over but
other than a cough and a splutter for a few seconds on the very first failed
attempt, the engine is not responding.  I'm pretty sure the fuel line isn't
clogged.  If I flooded the engine on the first failure, how long does it
remain flooded?

HELP!!!!

Tom B

S/V still un-named