[Rhodes22-list] Fellow Travelers?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Sep 24 14:10:34 EDT 2008

You missed an important point, of course.

Ben's assertion that "nobody has used that expression since 1953 or so"
is pretty lame. The internet is newer than 1953, and there are sites
BASED on that term.

It's also interesting to note his umbrage at the term. Not only does he
deride Ed for using it, he insist he "cut it out". Little touchy there,
huh Ben?

I think you'll find most people are respectful of requests that are
respectfully given. Folks get on here (and this place is no different
than others), and act like assholes with those they disagree with, and
then expect them to honor "requests" (that actually sound more like
threats) like this.

I'd suggest that if you want Ed to treat you respectfully, you do the same.

Anybody see the movie Stripes? Hilarious. There's a guy in boot camp
that says the following:

The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you
guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you. ... Also, I don't like no one
touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of
you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching
me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

And, I leave you with the Sergent's response:

Lighten up Francis