[Rhodes22-list] Comrade Wallace and Comrade Peter - political - the incredible shrinking sarah palin

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Sep 28 20:05:34 EDT 2008

Comrade Peter:

My wife wants to know if your wife knows about your Chauvinists Post?  She
wants to know why the lady Rhodies are allowing such an overt Chauvinists to
post without comments.

Comrade Wallace:

As to any compromise, I do not vote but for four people involved in this
mess.  After having heard that Black lady Representative's comments on tv a
few weeks back, I just begin to understand the problems coming from
California and the National Democratic Party.

I have pointed out there are those who call themselves who call themselves
Republicans, you may hear the term 'RINO'.  There are others, well you may
have heard the term, 'Rockefeller Republicans'.  Then there are Democrats
and National Democrats.  The long and short of it, there has neither been a
true Republican majority whereas the self serving and less than honest have
held sway.

As to the current bailout bill?  I will look to Jim DeMint, Senator from
South Carolina.  I am personally acquainted with Jim and support his
politics most of the time.  By the way, Jim used to sail on Lake Hartwell
before Washington and politics took his time.  So, I encourage you to look
to Jim's stands and opinions.  He studies the issues diligently.

As to whether I support the bailout?  If Jim supports it, then I will
support him.  I do think that Stan's daughter has brought up a valid issue
for discussion.  I do think that insiders committed wrongs.  The exorbitant
amounts paid to Washington insiders as consultants, lobbyist, etc. are very
wrong.  I question Hank Paulson's part in this as former President of
Goldman, Sach's.  All this being said, I think that something should be done
to ameliorate the situation.

I think that Ben C. should comment on legal remedies for the gross payments
made to CEO's and others.
And how do we deal with the payments by those CEO's, insiders to political
campaigns.  Free speech is a person standing on a street corner expressing
his opinion and it is not massive payoffs.  That is not speech, it is wrong,
it is graft, etc.

I think some people need to go to jail, that includes CEO's of failing
institutions, former CEO's, certain Senators, Congressmen, and those in
charge of regulatory organizations.  I have said it before, if you are
knowledgeable of wrong doing and cannot stop it then you should quit the job
otherwise you become a conspirator.

Anyway, it is good to have you back.  And imagine we recently had a post by
Paul Grandholm, one of the apostles of the Rhodes list.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA