[Rhodes22-list] Call for Advice; depth sounder

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sat Dec 5 13:28:32 EST 2009

Frank:
You will see a lot of different ideas and preferences for how to anchor your
Rhodes from the list.  Some like to deploy the anchor from the stern, some
keep the anchor in the lazaret and some keep the anchor on the bow pulpit.
I like the standard bow pulpit and keep my 150' of rode and 8' of chain in a
rode bag that is stored in a plastic crate in the lazaret.  I walk the rode
bag to the bow, attach the chain to the anchor and deploy.  I find the
weight and size of the rode bag to be manageable however I agree with you
that having a device that would make raising and cleaning of the anchor and
chain would be a nice feature and would avoid having to lug the rode up and
down.  It is also appealing not to have to lean over the bow dunking the mud
off the anchor and chain.  For now I am happy with my current set up however
I will be interested to see if others have implemented the kind of roller
idea you are thinking about.  I kept the original cowl vent installed
thinking I might try using it to stow my anchor rode but replaced it
yesterday with a nicro solar vent.