[Rhodes22-list] To Deploy & Board An Inflatable from a Rhodes

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 20:30:37 EST 2009

I bought a Garmin Colorado on Cyber Monday.  Sale price, with rebate, worked
out to be about half list price.  Came loaded with a subset of Blue Chart
cartograpphy and can take SD card or CD/DVD download of topo maps and
supposedly street map software.  Initial impression is good.  Since I just
came inside from snowblowing some slush before it freezes to rock hard ice,
I have not yet used it to navigate.

I used to use an inflatable dinghy with former 23' power boat.  Key for me
was keep your center of mass as low as possible when boarding.  The
inflatable had grab lines.  Grip the grab line and the swim ladder tgether
with the same hand while getting in and out.  That limits the movement of
the inflatable under your feet.  Load stuff other than yourself separately.

Try it out in warm water if you can ;-)

Jim Connolly