[Rhodes22-list] Weather Re: Political Reply to Michael Wager...

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Jan 10 14:32:54 EST 2009

Ed may not reply about weather though I suspect it's nicer in SC than
here, but I will.

At 01:46 PM 1/10/2009, you wrote:
>   Trapped here in Maryland between the early spring of the south
> and the winter snows of my homeland in Upstate NY,  I sometimes
> feel like I am in no-man's land, not having the best of anything,
> while those to the south and north have something.

The more I live here the more I appreciate microclimates in general
and this one in particular. We are 25 miles from Baltimore (but on
the other side of the Bay) and less than 90 miles south of where we
used to live in PA. It's drier than Baltimore and less snowy and icy
than PA. It's no hotter in the summer than the Philadelphia area but
it warms up more quickly in the spring and we have a later frost in
the fall. And while we have a few ugly hot days we don't have nearly
as many as my daughter does in Eastern NC.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD