[Rhodes22-list] Whisker Poles?

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Jan 16 16:47:20 EST 2009

John,

I'm not sure how long the foot is on my 175 Genoa, but it must be around 16
feet.  So if it were stretched straight at a 90 degree angle from the front
of the boat, it seems that your whisker pole would need to be longer than
the Genoa foot.

However, when I'm on a run with the full 175 inflated, the foot is curved
and the clew is slightly aft of the bow.  I don't think I've ever had my
6-12 foot pole extended beyond 9 feet.

Lee