[Rhodes22-list] Trailering a Rhodes

Wallace E. Bohach webx2 at netzero.com
Mon Jan 19 22:33:13 EST 2009

My wife and I trailer a smaller sailboat.  Am looking for some verification regarding ease of launching, recovery, towing and so forth, especially from any folks who put in once a week or so in season.  (We're primarily freshwater sailers in Minnesota).

Can you sail it right on to the trailer?

How often can you not sail it right on?  Whenever that happens, is the standard winch sufficient?

Please reply with stuff, info, etc related to trailering, rigging and launching a  Rhodes beyond the two questions posed.

Thanks,
            Wally