[Rhodes22-list] chewing rope

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jul 9 09:07:20 EDT 2009

Joe,
I have two thoughts on this matter. First, it's possible for the prop to
hit the rudder ONLY if the rudder is not in the full forward down position,
tucked up under the hull. The rope may be hanging loose and you simply need
to  take up the slack and secure it. I find the boat steers quite well
without the  rudder being connected to the motor, except in really tight turns. I
was blessed  at birth with two good hands, so in tight situations I turn
both the rudder and  the motor at the same time. :)

Rummy

In a message dated 7/9/2009 8:08:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,