[Rhodes22-list] trailer camping and anti-sway bar

randerson at iowatelecom.net randerson at iowatelecom.net
Wed Jul 15 00:30:20 EDT 2009

I am looking into buying a Rhodes 22.  I am relatively new to the list.
Can some of you who actually trailer your 22 give me some insight into
using the boat as a camper while en route to your sailing destination?

I have read some comments about finding the "sweet spot" on the single
axle trailer to have adequate tongue weight and avoid fishtailing of the
trailer.  In this regard do any of you have experience with an anti-sway
bar on your trailer.  I pull a Coleman tent trailer and have an anti-sway
bar on this trailer.  It seems to suppress fishtailing.  Any comments
regarding this and a Rhodes 22?

Rich Anderson
Clarinda, Iowa