[Rhodes22-list] yamaha 9.9 trouble

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 14 21:24:25 EDT 2009

Rummy,
EPA is being petitioned right now to up the ante to 15%. BoatUS is
sponsoring a drive to stop the change on their website <http://www.boatus.com/news/PR_Full.asp?ID=386
 >.

There's enough downside with tighter food supply, less mpg, and more
energy to produce it, that you should have more distilled corn booze.
Only engine mechanics, boat and auto are waiting in the wings for
this. If you haven't been affected yet, it could be in your future.
Ever boater should sign their drive.

On Jun 13, 2009, at 8:33 AM, R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:

> Jay,
> The gas with the ethanol is not the E85. The normal gas you buy at
> the pump
> has 10 percent ethanol added. If you were to put E95 in your
> outboard, I
> can  assure you it would destroy it. E85 is 85% ethanol and 15%
> gasoline. I
> have a  pickup with an engine designed to run E85 and I love it. No
> problems
> to date. I  just wish they would take the 15% gasoline out so I
> could drink
> it.
>
> Rummy
>

> In a message dated 6/12/2009 9:42:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> jsail1 at verizon.net writes:
>
> Frone,
> Thinking about you guys, but, alas, "in the same  boat"-engine
> problems
> on my 2001 Yam 9.9. Had carb rebuilt and still  stalled. Mechanic
> showed me the bowl of the carb was being eaten up  by ethanol. Hope we
> can stop E85. Meanwhile not much sailing, still  trying to solve it.
>
> Anyhow, the Rhodies of LBI are alive and well.  Tomorrow we have our
> annual Father's Day (read the calendar wrong)  get together of Bill
> Effros, Mel Rothbard, and possibly Rob Baldi,  all of us long time R22
> owners minimum 10-20 years worth. Ben could  be an easy joiner if we
> give him enough notice??? Even if we get you  and Andy to visit, it
> would be good. Jody and i are trying to work  our schedule out as her
> place is rented for 4 or 5 weeks. We'll talk  soon.
>
> Jay
> s/v Wanderlust
>
> On Jun 12, 2009, at 2:16 PM,  FCrawford0707 at aol.com wrote:
>

>> Ben - We purchased Sunday  Morning from GB in '94 and spent a lot of
>> time chewing over  possible names.? (I'm a bird-watcher, so I ran a
>> bunch of such  names up the flagpole ( Osprey, Willet, etc. ) but
>> Andy, my  wife,? wasn't sold.)? We chose Sunday Morning in the end
>> primarily because we thought it sounded pretty nice out loud - who
>> can account for taste ?!!?? I see that you are a North Jersey guy  -
>> I have from time to time thought that the NJ Rhodies should  work on
>> a Chessie - style rendezvous - maybe somewhere along  LBI, as it is
>> roughly in the middle ( we are in Avalon and we  sometimes cross
>> paths with a Rhodie from Sea Isle and another  from Stone Harbor -
>> don't know who they are, tho').? Maybe Jay  can entice us to LBI
>> sometime.?
>> ?????? Frone (not a  typo) Crawford
>> ?????? s/v Sunday  Morning

>>> through.  If it's a major crack you could  reinforce it with

>>> http://www.rhodes22.org/list