[Rhodes22-list] Whisker Pole Pictures

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Mar 30 17:45:20 EDT 2009

Mike,

I had the same thought.

The pole is attached to the leeward shroud, which is pretty lose.  The
pressure is less than it looks.  That much pressure on the windward shroud
probably wouldn't bend it.

Even though it's more of a lateral pull than an upward pull, it doesn't seem
that it would damage the shroud or the chainplate--both seem like they would
easily hold-up to that amount of pressure.

These things were made to attach to the mast, not a shroud.  It's just that
is so much easier to attach it to the shroud.

As soon as something breaks I'll let everyone know.

Lee