[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake sail

Tom Hogarty tjhogarty at gmail.com
Sun May 24 13:33:28 EDT 2009

Sailed Saturday at Rhode and West Rivers, wind 14 knots, full main and jib
furled to 100%.  Delightful, sailed mostly flat on a long mostly beam reach,
speed around 3.5 to 4 knots.  Later in the day while motoring lost control
of boat for just a moment.  Keel was up and kicked up rudder in shallow
water, spun us around in a quick circle.  Uncomfortable, but fixed quickly.
Seems that the rudder was really doing some work and let go quickly.  Lots
of holiday traffic.  Here's a pic of boats anchoring by High Island, long
since submerged.  We enjoyed great sailing with Leland, Mary Lou and Fred,
and dinner also with Leland's lovely wife and fine son.
Tom Hogarty

http://www.nabble.com/file/p23696032/HIghIsland.jpg