[Rhodes22-list] Microsoft Security Essentials - anti virus

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 21 20:29:41 EST 2009

Fellow Skippers,

I tried to update my anti-virus protection this afternoon by installing Microsofts 'One Care', which I had purchased for next to nothing last Spring, only to get a message that my subscription would not be honored or installed - not happy, with just four days left on my Norton.  My calls to MS frustrating but eventually fruitful, for me and probably many of you.  Here's the word - MS has just introduced their new system, MSE, with even better a/v quality.

MSE is available free from their website:

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-us

and will apparently remain available for any XP, Vista, and W7 owners for no cost, long term.  My installation on Vista and XP were simple and quick.  Doesn't sound like good news for Symantec.

I'll fill in blanks if anyone has a problem installing, but I don't thing anyone will lose sleep on this one.

Art