[Rhodes22-list] Additional Boat Show Report

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sun Oct 11 15:50:57 EDT 2009

Greg
The wind was quite gusty in Annapolis.  It gets especially tricky as
the shoreline conditions vary.  This was a real challange but good
opportunity to show potential buyers how well the rhodes can handle
such conditions.  We also kept away from the more open waters of the
Severn river were we could see white caps.  The main thing I did was
not to let out too much sail but do let out a balance if main and
jib.  Also don't be afraid to dump the main and let the sails luff a
bit until the gust passes.  We had few customers slid around a bit as
the rail dipped down but we didn't loose any.

Chris Cowie
Cowie Associates PC