[Rhodes22-list] Newport boat show

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Wed Sep 2 15:04:11 EDT 2009

Michael,

A bit of history to show you that we are in this for the fun of it

We were at the first original Newport Show when it was run by others at the
fort across the water

It was eventually taken over by a new group who moved it to downtown Newport
and we continued going year after year, thru good and lean markets and ended
up with a fantastic space.  Catalina said "You have a fantastic space" but
did nothing about it.    Hunter said, "You have a fantastic space" and went
to management.  Management said Hunter wants your space and we said, so what
and management showed us what by getting a crane to lift us out of the water
and dump us in another county at the end of the show.   We have not gone
back since they took the fun out of dealing with them.

ss