[Rhodes22-list] Custom Tarp

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 12 10:53:22 EDT 2009

Rick,

Given the Awlgrip parameters, which are also a probable preference by any paint makers, especially re avoiding abrasion, the draping solution is difficult, although I will say a suggested support structure can probably be supported from the horozontal lowered mast using a suspended frame.  It needs be strong and stable, but should accomplish your main objective by extending the fabric outward and away from painted surfaces, to fall in a more vertical orientation to the rub rail, then to the ground or to the rails, then to be secured.  I need to ask again, though - Can you lower the mast to the rail at the transom?

Cost factors for any of these elaborate solutions may likely exceed your threshold of pain, even though you want to protect that awesome boat and paint job.  Any fabric structure will be severely strained with your defined "sustained 60mph winds".

Art