[Rhodes22-list] rudder construction and repair

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 10:19:15 EDT 2010

Joe,
I did the same repair about ten years ago. I let the rudder dry out inside
my home for several months and then filled and sealed the cracks with
marine  bondo (yes, there really is such a thing) and then laid several layers of
 fiberglass and resin over all of the edges. I sanded smooth, painted and
put new  anti-fouling on and it's been good since.
My guess is that the rudder is constructed as two pieces and then glassed
together. Stan might have another trick up his sleeve, but that's my  guess.

Rummy

In a message dated 4/28/2010 8:15:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,