[Rhodes22-list] Garmin GPS mount questions

Mike Cheung hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:50:13 EDT 2010

Muireann is getting a brand new Garmin 441s GPS/depthfinder.  One option
we're considering is doing a flush mount in the starboard bulkhead.  Has
anyone done that and how difficult was the installation?  Also, were you
able to use the internal antenna or did you have to install an external
antenna?  We're hopeful the internal antenna will work since our present
"chartplotter" is a laptop running SeaClear II and using a cheapie USB
"puck" GPS.  That set up works just fine sitting on the galley counter with
the "puck" tossed up in the tray above and behind the counter where it's
"looking" through the fiberglass cabin trunk.

Thanks!

Mike

-----
Mike Cheung