[Rhodes22-list] Securing Boat To Trailer Question

Orin Harding wa4tbr at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 18 13:28:27 EDT 2010

Hello,

This is my first posting here and I'd like to say "HELLO" to all of the list
members.

I recently agreed to purchase a 1980 model Rhodes 22 and will be going to get it
in a couple of weeks.
At this time I've only seen photos and hope I don't have to backstroke when I
see it in person -

Normally I wouldn't agree to purchase anything from photos alone but it really
does look nice and the owner genuine.

The trip home to Greensboro, NC will be around 225 - 250 miles so a detailed
inspection of the Triad Trailers trailer will of course be in order.
My real concern will be how to properly secure the Rhodes to the trailer for
this trip.

I did call Stan at General Boats but all I got from him was an ear full of
ranting about how folks were calling him looking for free advise.
He made it very clear that if there wasn't anything (AKA money) in it for him
then basically I could pound sand. - WHEW -
I do plan on purchasing a few items from him in the future so maybe that will
put him back in a good mood.

What recommendations would you folks have on securing the boat to the trailer?
Photos would be a great help..

Thanks in advance,
Orin