[Rhodes22-list] Keel/ Diamond Board

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jan 19 08:33:13 EST 2010

I don't think it's true that Stan recycles "only the diamond
board  models". I know that all new boats have the diamond board but
I'm pretty sure that some of the 1980s boats he recycles have a
conventional board. Several different manufacturers built Rhodes 22s
for General Boats before Stan decided to bring production in-house
and start building them himself. I think that has more to do with the
cut-off date than anything else. Somewhere in my notes from this list
it says that Stan doesn't buy back boats older than 1983. That could
be a note from 10 years ago so it might have changed.

Most of the extensive rebuilds we read about on this list seem to be
boats from the 1970s.

Mary Lou
1991 Rhodes 22 (Recycled 1998)
Fretless